Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy St. Petersbirthday!

I spent my birthday in St. Petersburg, Piter affectionately in Russian. Here are some of the photo highlights.



Things that are round...






Wedding festivities continue into October...





**CRASH**


It rains so much in St. Pete that even fire hydrants wear rain ponchos:



And so do dogs:




But it didn't rain on me! I had a couple of colorful autumn days. Leaf bouquets were all the rage, among old and young alike:



I was sort of disappointed with the accommodations...



OK, you caught me there. That's a prison cell from a museum in the Peter & Paul Fortress.

Other highlights were ballet, pumpkin soup, french-style pastries... And these guys singing in the fortress cathedral:



But now, back in Moscow and back to work.

Winter soon.

2 comments:

Christine said...

That looks like fun! Glad you had a happy birthday.

Eveningprose said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Julia!
Have been loving your photos -- and vivid verbal moments too!
Hope all is well back in Moscow!
Aly x