Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No More Cake

Warning: this is a really poor excuse for a blog entry. But I feel like I have to post something so that you know I'm still here. I was away in Hamburg last weekend (which I'll blog about soon) and have otherwise been busy with stuff at the institute (including preparations for my upcoming presentation on May 5th - eek!). I'll bring you up to speed on all of this (I know -- promises, promises) very soon.

Oh, and why the title No More Cake? Because I'm officially, publicly, with YOU as my witness, renouncing Central European pastries, especially cake-like delicacies. They are tasty, they are seductive, and they are EVERYWHERE. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and as snacks in between. But I'm not going to, because from now on (well, at least while I'm in Europe) my new mantra is "no more cake."

Farewell my fond, fluffy, sweet, delicious friend.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Cake is good. Cake is good. Cake is good. I dunno. To me, that sounds like a better mantra.

cg said...

This reminds me of when we were traveling through Europe & had gelato every day...perhaps more than once a day. ;) I want to see more pics of your new adventures!

Julia M. said...

"Cake is good" makes me eat more cake and then I don't eat anything else, like vegetables.

Yes, this is sort of like our gelato problem, Care! I'll be in Italy for the next few days - how much gelato do you think I can consume? ;)