Sunday, December 21, 2008

That's all folks

I'm back stateside. No more blog this year. Probably no more blog for a while, since I'm going to try to make some real progress on my dissertation this coming semester/year, and travel isn't so conducive to writing (though I've learned that I'm able to simultaneously travel & research!)

My last blog was actually my last "real" trip blog. What I did after that day of interviews was pack, sleep, and go to the airport. I continued to use some Czech on the trip home - with the passport control agent for about 5 seconds, then a few short exchanges with the woman sitting next to me on the plane (I hope I gave her the correct information to write on her customs declaration form... I'm not sure it's such a good idea for me to be giving advice in Czech to a foreigner on how to fill those things out since I can barely fill them out for myself).

A few last pictures of Prague are in order. Here is the Christmas market in the center of Old Town, in the Old Town Square:





And what better way to end than with gilded swan faucets from the Cafe Imperial women's restroom?

No comments: